The thoughts shared on this blog are designed to challenge and encourage those desiring to walk with Christ.

Friday, May 18, 2012

21 years ago today

21 years ago today at Kempsville Baptist Church in Virginia Beach an event took place that has shaped my life more than any other single event outside of my salvation. I was married to the former Kay Davis Alexander. I can not even to begin to express how deeply my love for this amazing woman has grown over these years. We have shared many difficult days and many triumphs together in these 21 years. We had no idea when we stood at that altar together and exchanged vows the journey the God had planned for us to walk together. Life in the ministry has been both exciting and heart breaking, exhilarating and devastating. Through it all her steadfast faith has been a bedrock for me to lean upon. This woman trusts God and I am so grateful for that. Her love for her husband and her three children runs deep, and she shows it in so many ways.

Thanks Kay, for 21 years. I don't deserve you. I am so glad I have you. I love you with all my heart. 

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY 21ST ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH!

    My prayer is that the Lord our God will continue to richly bless the covenant you share and that His watchful eye will always be upon your loving family.

    ReplyDelete